Are nuts allowed on the 4 hour body diet?

Nuts are not the ideal food for the 4 hour diet given their high number of calories. ¬†However, they can be better than the alternative if you’re stuck without any other options.

Personally, I eat a handful of peanuts and cashews a few days a week at work when I get really desperate for a snack or if I have to skip lunch due to a busy schedule. ¬†This hasn’t seemed to cause any issues with getting good results.

I am very deliberate about only allowing myself a small portion though.

If you’re eating nuts on the 4 hour diet please comment to let us know how it’s worked out for you.

This entry was posted in 4 hour body diet, nuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Are nuts allowed on the 4 hour body diet?

1. Darren says:

I’ve been eating salted cashews around 4 to 5 days a week and it doesn’t seem to be hurting my weight loss. I still lose about 5 pounds a week. I’ve lost 40 pounds so far and most of the weight loss happens the 5th to 6th day out from the cheat day…which I go nuts on, no pun intended.

2. Olde Geek says:

In the SCD II chapter discussing supplements Tim suggests certain ‘good slow-carb options’ for whole food sources of key minerals (Potassium, Calcium & Magnesium). Those include pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds, cashews, pine nuts & brazil nuts.

As always though, as others have suggested, I’m sure moderation is prudent and experimentation with your own experience with them is always recommended.

3. MICHELLE says:

I’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN TRYING THIS DIET CHANGE. I’VE ALWAYS ALLOWED MYSELF TO EAT ONE SERVING OF ALMONDSM, CASHEWS, OR WALNUTS. A SERVING IS USUALY A 1/4 CUP. WHICH IS GREAT IF YOU DON’T INTEND TO FINISHE THE CAN BEFORE THE DAY IS OVER.

4. Sam says:

The calories are most important….is you need more in your diet…go for it….if not….don’t eat the whole can. On a side note….I am sick of other places saying that on a diet you can’t eat fats….or…you have to watch ur fats…..simply not true at all…..FAT doesn’t create FAT……..its calories and carbs….plain and simple….further explained comparing the Glycemic Index,Insulin index,….etc…

I eat mixed nuts just about everyday….and have have lost 20 pounds in 4 weeks…

5. Bill Liao says:

I eat a fair few nuts as part of the diet and also as the occasional meal replacement and I notice if I over do them I do stop loosing weight so they are a bit of a danger.

6. Danielle says:

I used to eat 20 almonds as a morning snack (I had a lot of time between breakfast and lunch) and found that switching to kale chips, celery, or spinach was better for fat loss.

I also toned down snacking on peanut butter, which I allowed myself one spoonful of about every other day. I still have almonds occasionally but they weren’t the best for me so now I only eat them sparingly.